Overview of Ethereum Full Node with Proof-of-Stake (PoS)
- Note: This VM provides synced Ethereum ledger for development purposes. It is not recommended to use it as hot wallet or for commercial transactions.
Note: The Ethereum blockchain has undergone a major software upgrade. Previously Ethereum’s consensus mechanism was based on Proof-of-Work (PoW) which needed only execution client to support the network. But with this upgrade it needs two different types of Ethereum clients, the execution and consensus client.
This VM provides you full Ethereum node with PoS (Proof-of-Stake). It has out of box setup for Ethereum which includes Geth (Go based ethereum implementation), Lighthouse (Consensus Client) and synced ledger (updated on monthly basis). The Ethereum ledger is synced till the VM publishing date making it easier and faster for you to fully sync the ledger.
Having your own full Ethereum node provides you following benefits:
- Gives you full control
In the possible event of a hard fork where both blockchains remain active with economic activity on each, running a full node is the only way you can validate the rules of the new or old blockchain, according to your preference.
- Preinstalled setups include:
- Geth (Ethereum Implementation in GO language)
- Lighthouse (Consensus Client)
- Pre synced ledger (till the date of VM publishing)
- Metamask Ethereum Wallet
- Remote desktop
- Fish shell: a smart & user-friendly shell for Linux with command auto completion & auto suggestion
- Visual Studio Code