How to get BlackArch Linux on GCP (Google Cloud Platform)
- Open BlackArch Linux marketplace listing on GCP Marketplace.
- Click Launch.
- Select a zone where you want to launch the VM(such as us-east1-)
- Optionally change the number of cores and amount of memory. (This defaults to 1 vCPUs and 3.75GB ram.)
- Optionally change the boot disk type and size. (This defaults to “Standard Persistent Disk” and 100 GB respectively)
- Optionally change the network name and subnetwork names. Be sure that whichever network you specify has ports 22 (for ssh) and 5900 (for RDP) exposed.
- Click Deploy when you are done. BlackArch Linux VM will begin deploying.
A summary page displays when the compute engine is successfully deployed. Click on the Instance link to go to the instance page .
On the instance page, click on the “SSH” button, select “Open in browser window”.
- This will open SSH window in a browser.
- To connect to BlackArch Linux command line, run below command
sudo docker exec -it blackarch /bin/bash
- If above command returns “Error response from daemon:” error, then run below command to start the BlackArch container and then run above command again.
sudo docker start blackarch
- Then From your local windows machine, goto “start” menu, in the search box type and select “VNC”
Note: : If you don’t have VNC installed on your Windows machine, first Install VNC Viewer as per your device.
- In the “VNC Viewer” wizard, copy the external ip and click connect.Accept the encryption warning.
- Now you are connected to out of box BlackArch Linux environment via Windows Machine with root user.
- To connect using Remmina via Linux machine, first note the external IP of the VM from VM details page,then from your local Linux machine, goto menu, in the search box type and select “Remmina”.
Note: : If you don’t have Remmina installed on your Linux machine, first Install Remmina as per your linux distribution.
- In the “Remmina Remote Desktop Client” wizard, select the VNC option from dropdown and paste the external ip and click enter
- Now you are connected to out of box BlackArch Linux environment via Linux Machine.
- After your first login, Open terminal and run below command to change the root user password.
Once passwd for root user is set, re-login with root user and new password. -
Now your are connected to out of box BlackArch Linux environment which comes with preinstalled blackarch programs.