How to use Jupyter for multiuser environment
This section explains you how to use JupyterHub for providing multiuser environment for R-Developer Kit.
- login to jupyter hub using ubuntu
- This will log you as an ubuntu user to the jupyterhub notebook.By default R-Developer Kit comes with ubuntu user.
- This VM comes with Jupyter with R-Kernel which provides a browser based IDE with the ability to create and share R based notebooks
- create new user and login with the that user.
- To add new user, RDP to your VM, open terminal and enter sudo adduser "username" command.
- This will create the new user. Fullsetup is copied into the home directory of new user.
Each added user will get a separate R environment with R-Studio, Jupyter notebook and GUI desktop.
- login to jupyter with new user
- New server will spawn for this user which will have completely seperate ipython/jupyter enviroment from ubuntu user.
- This is new user homepage.
- R environment with R-Studio is created on desktop for new user. RDP to your VM and login with new user created in above step 5.
- This way Jupyterhub is used to create jupyter/ipython enviroment for multiple users.Instead of subscribing to multiple VMs, one can subscribe to single VM and create multiple user to use the notebook.
- It can be used in a classes of students, a corporate data science group or scientific research group.
- It is a multi-user Hub that spawns, manages, and proxies multiple instances of the single-user Jupyter notebook server.