This section describes how to launch and connect to Money Saver VM in a Google Compute environment to save upto 80% on VM cost.
Money Saver VM listing on GCP Marketplace.
- Click Launch on Compute Engine.
- Select a zone where you want to launch the VM(such as us-east1-)
- Optionally change the number of cores and amount of
memory.For this vm, f1.micro instance size is enough.You can go with micro instance type here. (This defaults to 1 vCPUs and 0.6 GB ram.)
- Optionally change the boot disk type and size. (This defaults to "Standard Persistent Disk" and 10 GB respectively)
- Optionally change the network name and subnetwork names.Keep port 22 open to allow SSH connection to this VM
- Click Deploy when you are done.
Money Saver VM will begin deploying.
- A summary page displays when the compute engine is
successfully deployed. Click on the Instance link to go to the instance page .
- Click on the VM,it will open a details page.For this VM to work we want Access Scope of Compute Engine as Read/Write enabled
- To Enable it, Stop the VM and click on Edit.Go to the Cloud API access scopes section and change the compute engine access scope to Read/Write.
Save your changes
- Start your VM.Now this VM is fully configured and ready to use.
See also to:
Using Money-Saver VM to start VMs within the same project
Using Money-Saver VM to start VMs in other projects