How to get Metabase on AWS
This section describes how to launch and connect to Metabase in Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Open Metabase by Techlatest.net VM listing on AWS marketplace
- Click on Continue to subscribe.
- Login with your credentials and follow the instruction.click on Continue to configuration
- Select a Region where you want to launch the VM(such as US East (N.Virginia))
- Choose Action:you can launch it through EC2 or from Website.(Let's choose Launch from website)
- Optionally change the EC2 instance type. (This defaults to t2.medium instance type, 2 vCPUs and 4 GB RAM.)
- Optionally change the network name and subnetwork names.
- Select the Security Group.Be sure that whichever Security Group you specify have ports 22 (for ssh) , 3389 (for RDP) and 80 (for HTTP) exposed.
- Be sure to download the key-pair which is available by default, or you can create the new key-pair and download it.
- Click on Launch..
Metabase by Techlatest.net will begin deploying.
- A summary page displays.To see this instance on EC2 Console click on EC2 Console link.
- On the EC2 Console page, instance is up and running. To connect to this instance through putty, copy the IPv4 Public IP Address
- Open putty, paste the IP address and browse your private key you downloaded while deploying the VM, by going to SSH->Auth , click on Open. Enter ubuntu as userid
- Once connected, change the password for ubuntu user using sudo passwd ubuntu command
- Now the password for ubuntu user is set, you can connect to the VM's desktop environment from any local windows machine using RDP protocol.
From your local windows machine, goto "start" menu , in the search box type and select "Remote desktop connection".
In the "Remote Desktop connection" wizard, copy the public IP address and click connect
- This will connect you to the VM's desktop environment. Provide the username (e.g "ubuntu") and the password set in the above "Reset password" step to authenticate. Click OK
- Now you are connected to the out of box Metabase by Techlatest.net environment.
- Once the vm is up and running, you can access Metabase setup page by going to http://VM_Public_IP.
Click on Let's get started.
- Configure admin user here
- Add your data here
- Complete other steps and click on Take me to metabase
- Now you are logged-In as admin.
- You can add more users by going to Settings and People tab as shown below.
- Metabase Directories:
Metabase folder structure is /home/ubuntu/metabase. The folder/file permissions and ownership should not be changed via chmod or chown commands.
metabase-data folder: Home folder for Metabase application
postgres-data foder : Home folder for Postgresql database files