This section describes how to launch and connect to Bitcoin FullNode kit in Azure.
- Open Bitcoin FullNode Listing on AZURE Marketplace.
- Click on Get it now button and follow the login step.It will take you to azure portal.
- Click on Create.
- Select a Resource group for your virtual machine
- Select a Region where you want to launch the VM(such as East US)
- Optionally change the number of cores and amount of
memory. (This defaults to 2 vCPUs and 8 GB ram.)
- Select the Authentication type as Password and enter Username and Password for the VM
- Optionally change the OS disk type.
- Optionally change the network name and subnetwork names.You can go with the defaults settings.
- Optionally go to the Management, Advanced and Tags tabs for any advance settings you want for the VM.
- Click on Review + create and then click on Create when you are done.
Bitcoin FullNode kit will begin deploying.
- A summary page displays when the virtual machine is
successfully created. Click on the Go to resource link to to go to the resource page.
- In the left navigation pane, select Run command , select RunShellScript and enter following command to change the password of the vm .
sudo echo ubuntu:yourpassword | chpasswd
- To SSH the VM, use the IP address or DNS address in the putty.
- Provide the password for ubuntu user, you created in step 5.
- To connect using RDP via Windows Machine, first note the public IP address or DNS address of the VM from VM details page as highlighted below
- Then From you local windows machine, goto "start" menu , in the search box type and select "Remote desktop connection"
- In the "Remote Desktop connection" wizard, copy the public IP address or DNS address and click connect
- This will connect you to the VM's desktop environment.Provide username and password.Click OK.
- Now you are connected to the out of box Bitcoin FullNode environment via Windows Machine.
- To connect using RDP via Linux machine, first note the external IP of the VM from VM details page,then from your local Linux machine, goto menu , in the search box type and select "Remmina".
Note: If you don't have Remmina installed on your Linux machine, first Install Remmina as per your linux distribution.
- In the "Remmina Remote Desktop Client" wizard, select the RDP option from dropdown and paste the external ip and click enter.
- This will connect you to the VM's desktop environment. Provide "ubuntu" as the userid and the password set in step 5 to authenticate. Click OK
- Now you are connected to the out of box Bitcoin Fullnode Desktop environment via Linux machine.
- Once VM is provisioned, you can start Bitcoin node either via command line or using the Bitcoin QT GUI wallet
a. Start Bitcoin sync process using command line :
Go to terminal and execute below command as ubuntu user to run Bitcoin daemon in background -
To verify the command execution or to monitor the daemon, you can tail the bitcoin debug log
tail -f /home/bitcoin/debug.log
b. Start Bitcoin sync process using GUI:
You can also run the sync process by running the Bitcoin-QT GUI wallet. For this, connect to the VM using RDP as described in steps 7 to 11 .Once connected, click on bitcoin-qt to start the sync process. A window may popup asking to mark the application executable . Click on "Mark Executable" button to avoid seeing this window in future.
- How to stop bitcoind daemon :
To manually stop bitcoind, run below command.
- To know how to use the Bitcoin Full Node kit, please refer to the video tutorial series available on Bitcoin overview page.