- A summary page displays.To see this instance on EC2 Console
click on EC2 Console link.
- On the EC2 Console page, instance is up and running. To connect to this instance through putty via Windows Machine, copy the IPv4 Public IP Address
- Open putty, paste the IP address and browse your private key you downloaded while deploying the VM, by going to SSH->Auth , click on Connect
- By default this VM comes with ubuntu user.So login with username as "ubuntu".Once connected, change the password for ubuntu user using-
sudo passwd ubuntu
- Now the password for ubuntu user is set, you can connect to the VM's desktop environment from any local windows machine using RDP protocol or linux machine using Remmina.
- From your local windows machine, goto "start" menu , in the search box type and select "Remote desktop connection"
- In the "Remote Desktop connection" wizard, copy the public IP address and click connect
- This will connect you to the VM's desktop environment. Provide the username (e.g "ubuntu") and the password set in the above "Reset password" step to authenticate. Click OK
- Now you are connected to the out of box Bitcoin FullNode environment via Windows Machine.
- To connect using RDP via Linux machine, first note the external IP of the VM from VM details page,then from your local Linux machine, goto menu , in the search box type and select "Remmina".
Note: If you don't have Remmina installed on your Linux machine, first Install Remmina as per your linux distribution.
- In the "Remmina Remote Desktop Client" wizard, select the RDP option from dropdown and paste the external ip and click enter.
- This will connect you to the VM's desktop environment. Provide "ubuntu" as the userid and the password set in step 6 to authenticate. Click OK
- Now you are connected to the out of box Bitcoin Fullnode environment via Linux machine.
- Once VM is provisioned, you can start Bitcoin node either via command line or using the Bitcoin QT GUI wallet
a. Start Bitcoin sync process using command line :
Go to terminal and execute below command as ubuntu user to run Bitcoin daemon in background -
To verify the command execution or to monitor the daemon, you can tail the bitcoin debug log
tail -f /home/bitcoin/debug.log
b. Start Bitcoin sync process using GUI:
You can also run the sync process by running the Bitcoin-QT GUI wallet. For this, connect to the VM using RDP as described in steps 6 to 11 .Once connected, click on bitcoin-qt to start the sync process. A window may popup asking to mark the application executable . Click on "Mark Executable" button to avoid seeing this window in future.
- How to stop bitcoind daemon :
To manually stop bitcoind, run below command.
- To know how to use the Bitcoin Full Node kit, please refer to the video tutorial series available on Bitcoin overview page.