How to get Bitcoin FullNode on AWS
This section describes how to launch and connect to Bitcoin FullNode in Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Select the Bitcoin FullNode by techlatest.net offering. The following page
- Click on Continue to subscribe.
- Login with your credentials and follow the instruction.click on Continue to configuration
- Select a Region where you want to launch the VM(such as US East (N.Virginia))
- Choose Action: you can launce it through EC2 or from Website.(Let's choose Launce from website)
- Optionally change the EC2 instance type. (This defaults to t2.large instance type, 2 vCPUs and 8 GB ram.)
- Optionally change the network name and subnetwork names.
Be sure that whichever network you specify has ports 22 (for ssh) and 3389 (for RDP) exposed.
- be sure to download the key-pair which is available by default, or you can create the new key-pair and download it.
- Click on Launch..
Bitcoin FullNode will begin deploying.
- A summary page displays.To see this instance on EC2 Console
click on EC2 Console link.
- On the EC2 Console page, instance is up and running. To connect to this instance through putty, copy the IPv4 Public IP Address
- Open putty, paste the IP address and browse your private key you downloaded while deploying the VM, by going to SSH->Auth , click on Connect
- By default this VM comes with ubuntu user.So login with username as "ubuntu".Once connected, change the password for ubuntu user using sudo passwd ubuntu command
- Now the password for ubuntu user is set, you can connect to the VM's desktop environment from any local windows machine using RDP protocol.
- From your local windows machine, goto "start" menu , in the search box type and select "Remote desktop connection"
- In the "Remote Desktop connection" wizard, copy the public IP address and click connect
- This will connect you to the VM's desktop environment. Provide the username (e.g "ubuntu") and the password set in the above "Reset password" step to authenticate. Click OK
- Now you are connected to the out of box Bitcoin FullNode environment.
- To know how to use the developer kit, please refer to the video tutorial series available on Bitcoin FullNode Support.