This section describes how to launch and connect to Ansible AWX Kit in a Google Compute environment using the available Cloud Launcher
- Open Ansible AWX (Opensource Ansible Tower alternative) listing on GCP marketplace
- Click Launch.
- Select a zone where you want to launch the VM(such as us-east1-)
- Optionally change the number of cores and amount of
memory. (This defaults to 1 vCPUs and 3.5 GB ram.)
- Optionally change the boot disk type and size. (This defaults to "Standard Persistent Disk" and 20 GB respectively)
- Optionally change the network name and subnetwork names.
Be sure that whichever network you specify has ports 22 (for ssh), 3389 (for RDP) and 80 (for HTTP) exposed.
- Click Deploy when you are done.
Ansible AWX (Opensource Ansible Tower alternative) will begin deploying.
- A summary page displays when the compute engine is
successfully deployed. Click on the Instance link to to go to the instance page .
- On the instance page, click on the "SSH" button, select "Open in browser window".
- This will open SSH window in a browser.
- Run below command to set the password for "ubuntu" user
- Now the password for ubuntu user is set, you can connect to the VM's desktop environment from any local windows machine using RDP protocol.
- To connect using RDP, first note the external IP of the VM from VM details page as highlighted below
- Then From you local windows machine, goto "start" menu , in the search box type and select "Remote desktop connection"
- In the "Remote Desktop connection" wizard, copy the external ip and click connect
- This will connect you to the VM's desktop environment. Provide "ubuntu" as the userid and the password set in step 6 to authenticate. Click OK
- Now you are connected to the out of box your own ansible tower environment.
- For connecting via Web Interface, SSH to the VM as shown in Step 4 and run below command-
Note down username and auto-generated password.
Note: If the password is empty in the file, wait for 2 minutes and check again.
- Login to the web interface by opening the url http://your-external-ip in your browser
- Use above default username & auto-generated password
- You must change the default id and password as security measures by going to admin profile page and entering new userid and password
- To change the userid and password,In left pane click on Users as shown below.
- Click on admin user and enter the new values here and save the changes.