If you are looking to get started with Ethereum development & wants to have an out of box environment to get up & running in minutes, this VM is for you. It includes
1. Truffle Ethereum framework (
Truffle is a world class development environment, testing framework & asset pipeline for Ethereum to make life as an Ethereum developer easier. It includes:
2. Ganache testnet (
- Built-in smart contract compilation, linking, deployment & binary management.
- Automated contract testing for rapid development.
- Scriptable, extensible deployment & migrations framework.
- Network management for deploying to any number of public & private networks.
- Package management with EthPM & NPM.
- Interactive console for direct contract communication.
- Configurable build pipeline with support for tight integration.
- External script runner that executes scripts within a Truffle environment.
Ganache provides a blockchain user interface allows you to quickly fire up a personal Ethereum blockchain which you can use to run tests, execute commands, & inspect state while controlling how the chain operates.
3. Visual studio code with solidity plugin (
The Visual studio code along with the solidity plugin gives developer the IDE they need for faster development & testing.
4. Go Ethereum (Geth) (
Geth is the command line interface for running a full Ethereum node implemented in Go programming language. By installing & running geth, you can
5. Metamask Firefox plugin (
- Take part in the Ethereum live network
- Mine real ether
- Transfer funds between addresses
- Create contracts & send transactions
- Explore block history
Metamask allows you to run Ethereum dApps right in your browser without running a full Ethereum node. It includes a secure identity vault, providing a user interface to manage your identities on different sites & sign blockchain transactions.
6. Quorum private blockchain
Quorum is an enterprise-focused version of Ethereum. Quorum is ideal for application requiring high speed & high throughput processing of private transactions within a permissioned group of known participants. Quorum addresses specific challenges to blockchain technology adoption within the financial industry, & beyond.
7. Hands on demos
The best & fastest way to learn Ethereum development is through sample demos included in the VM. Demos provide developer to play around with the working code to understand various Ethereum & blockchain concepts without doing any coding. The demos include:
8. Video tutorials (
- Hello world demo for Ethereum
- Complete Dapp with user interface
- Quorum private blockchain demo
- Much more ...